Lately, I’ve been teaching the Introductory Poetry Workshop at Lighthouse Writer’s Workshop.
Here are more than a half dozen things poets can do to keep the mojo going.
- Read. Make Poetry Daily your home page or download the iPhone/iPad.app.
Receive the weekly newsletter, read a new poem every day and find out poetry in the news
- Read some more. Try Verse Daily for a similar treat.
- Write. Keep a journal, try 750 words, You need to know what’s on your mind and besides, writers write.
- Celebrate National Poetry Month in April. Don’t let novelists have all the fun. Try NaPoWriMo –National Poetry Writing Month, an annual project in which participating poets attempt to write a poem a day for the month of April.
- Write some more. Stuck? Try these 30 wise prompts from Kelli Russell Agodon.
- Watch it. Try Lucille Clifton’s “Homage to My Hips”.
- Go beyond. Lots of links for haiku.